10. Improper material handling can cause a forklift load to shift and fall off. This most likely will cost you money.
9. Driving a forklift too fast endangers the operator and others nearby, potentially injuring them. This, too, could become an added expense that you had not counted on.
8. Overloading a forklift can cause damage to the lift itself and may injure the driver or fellow workers if the lift truck should tip. If such incidents are frequent, it can mean an in increased insurance premiums.
7. You should have in place a forklift traffic safety management plan that everyone understands and follows. It will cost you less in the long run.
6. All forklift manufacturers should implement designs that eliminate possible hazards and that promote forklift safety.
5. Maintain your forklifts to the manufacturer’s specifications so that they can be operated safely.
4. Violations of OSHA’s forklift safety mandates can be expensive. As much as $70,000 per incident.
3. Forklift driving stunts might seem funny and the time, but they invariably lead to accidents and injuries.
2. Forklift drivers should think of their family. “Hotdogging” at work can be fatal.
1. As a business owner, you just want to do the right thing. Having properly trained forklift operators benefits both you and your employees.
Here are some startling forklift safety statistics to consider. 1% of all factory accidents involve forklifts, but forklifts account for over 10% of the serious on the job injuries. Someone is killed in a forklift accident every 3 days.
These numbers make it obvious just how important it is to have an all inclusive forklift safety plan in place and for forklift drivers to be up to date in their training.
Hyundai Forklift of Southern California offers a complete Forklift Operator Safety Training Program that complies with OSHA regulation 29 CFR 1910.178. Hyundai Forklift of Southern California Forklift Operator Safety Training covers the safe operation of all types of lift trucks including electric forklifts, narrow aisle reach trucks , order pickers, and cushion and pneumatic LPG forklifts.
Please contact Hyundai Forklift of Southern California at: 800.660.5241 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Tags: Fork Lift, forklift, Forklift Maintenance, forklift safety, forklifts, hyundai forklift, hyundai forklifts, hyundaiforkliftsocal.com, Lift Truck, Los Angeles, orange county, Pneumatic Tire Forklift, propane forklifts, Safety, safety training